Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday night

It's 7:04 Friday night and I'm home all alone. Something like this would have drove me insane in the past, today I have so much homework to do that I'm ok with this peace and quiet. I just got off the phone with Herb, we had some excellent laughs! That man can be so funny sometimes, we were chatting about him buying a house and moving it to his new property, somehow it came to be that he's just going to have a hole dug and live in a hole in the ground! I am laughing still, everything that I posed to be a potential problem with this type of a living arrangement, he had an answer for! I asked what about light? I love natural light and if I'm going to be moving once I'm done with being educated, I couldn't live in a hole in the ground! He said that the whole ceiling could be skylights, I asked him what if someone fell through our roof! His response was to have the whole roof fenced off to prevent this from happening. Next I asked him what about winter, the snow would cover our roof and we couldn't see anything and no light could come through, he's going to get a new kind of snowblower and keep it clear.... this went back and forth for quite some time.... too funny!

I posted a photo today in my Project 365 of a bookmark I have, one that Michelle made for me when she was young. I had this bookmark in my English text, my favorite subject, and when I turned over the bookmark in class today and read what Michelle had written, I almost started to cry, this is how touched I was by this particular incident. Life is full of all sorts of surprises, I've seen my bookmark a lot, I never really looked deeper than the paint of the front if it, yes it's been very special because my daughter made it, yet today it was like I needed to hear what I read.

This reminds me of the day I texted her out of the blue, all the text said was "I love you." I never knew that she had just broken up with her boyfriend, she later told me this and she told me that she really needed to hear that at this particular time. Mother - daughter intuition? I don't know but there is a bond that is very deep, even though we were seperated for a few years as she was growing up, we still have that special bond. I am a blessed lady today!

Shayne made a comment on my photo and journaling last night, he too touched a part of me. Shayne told me how proud he is of me and all that I am doing! Another, as I like to call them, Hallmark moment, a moment that touches one deeply!

I too am extremely proud of my children, all three of them are wonderful and each one of them holds a special spot in my heart. I am so blessed that all three of them turned out as well as they did, I never was the perfect mother, although I did try to show them how much I loved them. Now there's a heck of an idea for a novel, How not to raise a child, get a bunch of single mothers with grown children all together and see where we all feel we could have been a better role model, to work or not to work, compare and contrast what worked and what didn't. Of course each case is individual yet I'm sure that there would be a lot of common ground... hmm I'll keep this one in mind!

Speaking of writing, this morning I was up an hour earlier than normal. I didn't know why until I came to my computer and started writing. I was working on an assignment that takes us through our lives, the question I was responding to was "Describe yourself in terms of your gender? Race? Ethnicity? Socio-economic class? Religion? Age group?" I know that's one question and I have thirteen like this, heck I'm going to have a book written for this one! Anyways I was writing about religion, I went back to when we lived with missionaries while Mom was away at Bible school, I wrote about how poor we were and I kept on digging. I found myself sitting here, if a paper would have been in front of me like in the old days, the paper would have had tears on it. I was missing Mom very much this morning, when I start to dig deep into my life I really get to missing her, she sure was one special lady that too went through her own personal "stuff." I am going to leave it at this.

Just for today, I'd best get after some of this homework, Herb might be able to make it to the city for a visit tomorrow after he's done working and I don't want to have to spend the time he's here studying..... like I would anyways! :-)

So, ya this is my Friday night and I am grateful for this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment